Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Post

I’m taking a short break this morning to write something on this blog, which I’ve created to give myself an outlet besides the 140-character world of Twitter.

I used to write a lot. I actually spent most of my twenties writing more than drawing. When I got back into drawing in 2007 after the long hiatus, the writing took a back seat. The novel I had been working on was forgotten (just as well, it was a crap vampire story that was more derivative than I care to admit).

After all this time, anytime I go to write something I find that my thought process has slowed. I can’t just let it flow like I used to. I hit the backspace button too often, and I second-guess myself more than I ever.

I’ve rusted.

So this blog will be a tool to get that fluency back. Every day (maybe not that often; we’ll see how things go) I’ll sit down and write about something. It could be anything. Something I’m happy or angry about; something going on in my life, I don’t know.But it’ll get me at the keyboard a few minutes a day, getting back into writing a little bit at a time.

My ultimate goal is to reach the point where I’m spending time at the drawing board and at the word processor, without that sense of “guilt” I always felt about neglecting one passion or the other.

Time to get back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment